Mayes has been in Lemont since 1900 and at it's present location, 910 Pike Street, since 1924. The Mayes family operated the business until 1976. Mayes was then sold to a group of owners and returned to a family owned business in 1981 when Ron and Lynda Dague took over. Ron and Lynda continued the traditions of the Mayes family by doing the design work themselves as well as the installation of monuments.
In July 1998, Mayes Memorial was purchased by Dick Stever, a man with many years of experience as a funeral director. The tradition of personal attention, guaranteed workmanship, commitment to kind and thoughtful customer relations and community service has continued.
"I am carrying on the tradition of excellence. We guarantee our work and focus towards quality and value in our products.
We genuinely strive to provide memorials that are meaningful to you and your loved ones." - Dick Stever
We'd like to explain the reasons to plan for your memorial in advance. The truth is that once plans for your memorial have been made and the purchase is settled, you will feel ever so much better. You will have made a wise decision based on good advice.
- No one likes to think about his own death, but failure to do so makes it more difficult on the bereaved family
- Choosing a family memorial is a joint decision. Why should someone be forced to make it alone?
- The worst time to make a financial commitment is when there has been a death in the family.
- By planning in advance, you protect your family from high pressure sales tactics that can occur when they are under emotional stress.
- Advance planning assures that your insurance will be used for the needs of your loved ones.
- Advance planning assures a memorial of the quality you desire.
- There is no such thing as an "expected death." The time to act is now
Just as you selected a trained lawyer to work on your estate planning, you will want the services of trained professionals for other details. Seek out a memorial specialist with whom you feel comfortable. We are experts in memorial design and personalization. We will also be able to help you in other ways, by explaining cemetery regulations and the use of symbolism to tell your family story.
- Pre-need consultant
- Funeral Director for 12 years
- Memorial Counselor
- Memorial Counselor
- Mayes employee for 13 years
- Sandblast engraver
- Memorial installer
- Cemetery lettering & engraver
- Mayes employee for 11years